Winter holidays, sports and skiing in Alta Pusteria
In winter, the mountain slopes of Alta Pusteria are transformed into a winter paradise for all sports enthusiasts. Whether cross-country skiing, Alpine skiing, snowboarding, winter hiking or snowshoeing – top ski areas such as Monte Elmo, Baranci, Croda Rossa and the nearby Rienza lifts guarantee snow for winter sports enjoyment on your skiing holiday in Alta Pusteria. Those looking for variety in addition to skiing in Dobbiaco in Alta Pusteria, can explore and ski as many as 1,200 kilometres of slopes throughout the Dolomites with the Dolomiti Superski Pass. Relax on the numerous sun terraces and savour the local delicacies. A tip for all skiers: the Sesto Dolomites ski circuit, which leads through the four areas of Monte Elmo, Croda Rossa, Monte Croce and the Val Comelico ski area.
A moonlit toboggan run or skating on the nearby Dobbiaco ice rink are also great fun on a winter holiday in Dobbiaco. The possibilities are endless!
“By train to ski" in Dobbiaco – simply PERFECT! Over 200 km of slopes can be reached with the ski train
The train leaves Dobbiaco every half hour and takes just 10 minutes to reach the Three Peaks/3 Zinnen Dolomites ski region and 20 minutes to Plan de Corones – double the skiing fun with the Ski Pustertal Express.
The best reasons for a skiing holiday in Dobbiaco:
- Rienza family ski area in the village: child-friendly, small but very good
- Over 200 km of slopes can be reached with the Ski Pustertal Express
- Gustav Mahler training slope directly on the local mountain
- In the thick of it instead of just being there: Ski region Three Peaks/3 Zinnen Dolomites (100 km slopes) and Plan de Corones (120 km slopes)
- “By train to ski": with the train from Dobbiaco directly to the valley station, without a car, traffic jams and parking fees
- Free use of bus and train: with the Holidaypass throughout South Tyrol (winter)
- Ski depot and ski rental directly at the train station
- A different ski area every day: Combination tickets 4+2, 5+3, 3+3 guarantee variety
Book your ski holiday in Dobbiaco now!
Olympic Training Slope
Numerous national ski and snowboard teams train on our house slope, the Trenker piste. For example:
- ÖSV Austria Ladies Ski Team (Anna Veith, Brunner Stephani, Haaser Ricarda, Ortlieb Nina, Ager Christina and many others…)
- DSV German Ski Team (Rebensburg Viktoria, Dürr Lena and many others…)
- USA Alpine Ski Team
- Ski teams from England as well as New Zealand
Ski stars such as Mikaela Shiffrin and Mancuso Julia Marie have stayed in the Gratschwirt and even celebrated Christmas here. Even ski stars from the "small exotic nations" (e.g., Australia, Mexico, Chile, Ireland, Cyprus, Madagascar and Mexico) have already been our guests.
You can find videos and photos on SkiRienza's Facebook page. Please visit this page, we are looking forward to your Like! www.facebook.com/SkiRienza
Cross-country skiing in Dobbiaco in Alta Pusteria – Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage
Dobbiaco, cross-country skiing paradise with over 200 kilometres of cross-country trails
Dobbiaco is the heartland of cross-country skiing with an interconnected network of trails, cross-country stadium and perfect mobility thanks to free use of bus and train.
You can enter the cross-country ski tracks right from the Gratschwirt.
The best reasons for a cross-country skiing holiday in Dobbiaco:
- 120 km of cross-country trails in Dobbiaco and 200 km in the Three Peaks/3 Zinnen Dolomites region
- Dobbiaco – Cortina: the world famous Tour de Ski cross-country skiing trail
- UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site: cross-country skiing with a view of the Dolomites
- Connecting network of cross-country ski trails (cross-country ski trails linked together)
- Entry to cross-country ski trails at many points possible
- Optimal preparation thanks to the toll for cross-country ski trails
- Free use of bus and train: with the Holidaypass throughout South Tyrol
- Optimal bus and train connections to the start of the trails or simply to return with
- Nordic Arena cross-country skiing stadium with FIS trails
- Ski depot, ski rental and cross-country skiing schools in the Nordic Arena, at the train station and on the main road
Alta Pusteria is a true paradise for all those who like tobogganing. We recommend the Baranci toboggan runs in San Candido, Croda Rossa in Sesto and the wonderful slopes of the Three Peaks/3 Zinnen Dolomites. A unique experience awaits!
Toboggan runs in our holiday region
Toboggan run: Croda Rossa
Fun and entertainment await on the toboggan run in Sesto. The 5 km long Croda Rossa run in the Sesto Dolomites can be reached easily via the Croda Rossa cable car. Start directly from the mountain station. From here you can reach the valley station via woods and meadows.
Toboggan run: SIGNAUE
The Signaue toboggan run starts from the mountain station of the Signaue cable car.
Toboggan run: Baranci
The toboggan run Baranci is popular both with kids and grown-ups. The four-seater chairlift in San Candido takes you comfortably to the mountain station of the Baranci ski area. A family-friendly toboggan run for young and old starts from here.
Snowshoeing is not only fun, it is also good for energy levels and good health! Experience the Alta Pusteria winter on snowshoes, cross the beautiful snow-covered mountain landscape, fill your lungs with fresh, pure air and admire this fascinating valley.
Ice skating is also a fun alternative to skiing and tobogganing. Take turns around the ice rink in Dobbiaco. There’s no time for boredom for any family member in Alta Pusteria thanks to the wide range of activities on offer!